Stargate Universe
Any Stargate fans out there? I just caught a repeat of the first episode of Stargate Universe. I saw some the later shows but never the first one. I was a fan of the original series however Stargate Atlantis didn't do much for me. The new series seems good so far.
jkoci, post: 241 Wrote:Any Stargate fans out there? I just caught a repeat of the first episode of Stargate Universe. I saw some the later shows but never the first one. I was a fan of the original series however Stargate Atlantis didn't do much for me. The new series seems good so far.

Yes, I'm here. It's fascinating how they managed to milk so much from one film, although lots of those stories were unoriginal and they sure stole stuff from the Trek universe.

Universe has potential.
Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Author, Attack of the Rockoids
Gene Steinberg, post: 242 Wrote:Yes, I'm here. It's fascinating how they managed to milk so much from one film, although lots of those stories were unoriginal and they sure stole stuff from the Trek universe.

Universe has potential.

I agree. Toward the end of the original Stargate series some of the story lines just didn't work for me. This new series has a nice edge to it. It will be interesting to see how they get Rush back after he was left stranded.
jkoci, post: 243 Wrote:I agree. Toward the end of the original Stargate series some of the story lines just didn't work for me. This new series has a nice edge to it. It will be interesting to see how they get Rush back after he was left stranded.

Depends on his contract with the producers. Big Grin
Peace,
Gene Steinberg
I caught the new episode last night. Nice to see an alien encounter finally. It was interesting how they brought Rush back.
A little forced though. They just happen to run into the alien race that captured him.

Well enough spoilers. Smile
Peace,
Gene Steinberg
for real man
As of 2021, the original producers of Stargate SG-1 are working on a new series, perhaps to include one or more of the original actors (Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping).

Whether Amazon's purchase of MGM makes a difference is anyone's guess:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/stargate-s...oposed-new
Peace,
Gene Steinberg