• Welcome to our forum. Feel free to discuss anything related to science fiction; in particular our great science fiction series. But we're open to all sorts of relevant subjects, because we'd like you to hang out and enjoy yourselves.

About Rockoids II: We're proud to announce that "Rockoids II: The Coming of the Protectors" is on sale and has gotten great reviews. Check out our Order page for the details. Both the print and Amazon Kindle versions are now available!

2021 Update: Some of you have asked if there will ever be another Rockoids novel, and the answer is that Grayson and Gene wrote a first draft and are considering its future direction.

Want to Talk About the Paranormal? Please visit the newly updated discussion forums for our popular radio program, The Paracast. Click here to begin.

What does it all mean?

dusty

Starship Cadet
Just wondering whether or not the "Rockoids" series incorporated any kind of underlying belief system for the non human characters.

I must first of all own up to the fact that I haven't read any of the books yet, (yes I know shame on me) I will be ordering soon.

I mention this as it is an area of great interest to me, and knowing how
"Star Wars" for instance uses the (Force) throghout. I was wondering if Grayson and yourself Gene, felt that this kind of topic is,

A. Irrelevant to the overall plot.
B. A projection of a very human need, and therefore best avoided.
C. An interesting avenue to explore.

Personally I enjoy sci-fi that does explore these kind of areas, and also
wondered what others felt about such topics.

Peace,

Mark

Just wondering whether or not the "Rockoids" series incorporated any kind of underlying belief system for the non human characters.

I must first of all own up to the fact that I haven't read any of the books yet, (yes I know shame on me) I will be ordering soon.

I mention this as it is an area of great interest to me, and knowing how
"Star Wars" for instance uses the (Force) throghout. I was wondering if Grayson and yourself Gene, felt that this kind of topic is,

A. Irrelevant to the overall plot.
B. A projection of a very human need, and therefore best avoided.
C. An interesting avenue to explore.

Personally I enjoy sci-fi that does explore these kind of areas, and also
wondered what others felt about such topics.

Peace,

Mark

I think it is most probable that any complex species would have an equally complex set of beliefs. I think it is a misconception prevalent today that evolution., biological or technological eventually extinguishes spirit.

I agree Gary,

I tend to think that wherever an advanced species would be on the evolutionary scale, they would still necessarily be as far from the truth as we are.

To me at least that makes the most sense, because if we had all the answers what then would be the point of existence.

Peace,

Mark

Back