• Welcome to our forum. Feel free to discuss anything related to science fiction; in particular our great science fiction series. But we're open to all sorts of relevant subjects, because we'd like you to hang out and enjoy yourselves.

About Rockoids II: We're proud to announce that "Rockoids II: The Coming of the Protectors" is on sale and has gotten great reviews. Check out our Order page for the details. Both the print and Amazon Kindle versions are now available!

2021 Update: Some of you have asked if there will ever be another Rockoids novel, and the answer is that Grayson and Gene wrote a first draft and are considering its future direction.

Want to Talk About the Paranormal? Please visit the newly updated discussion forums for our popular radio program, The Paracast. Click here to begin.

PC, PS3, Xbox 360: Fallout 3 From Bethesda

Atrayo

Starship Cadet
Hi Folks,

How many of you are looking forward to Fallout 3 from the game development studio of Bethesda?

Here's a link to the E3 Trailer of the game:

[Note: Sorry, this video is no longer available.]

Online game store vendors like Gamestop have a release date around October 7th for it coming out.

Hi Gene,

Gene said:
Or do you even have an iPhone? :)

Nope, I'm such a dinosaur I've never owned a cell phone to date. I've used a few but that's it. So celluar gaming as a platform isn't my cup of tea.

My gaming platform is strictly the PC Windows desktop. :D Mostly focused on MMO's, RPG's, FPS Multiplayer and some Pogo.com on the side.

Hi Gene,

Nope, I'm such a dinosaur I've never owned a cell phone to date. I've used a few but that's it. So celluar gaming as a platform isn't my cup of tea.

My gaming platform is strictly the PC Windows desktop. :D Mostly focused on MMO's, RPG's, FPS Multiplayer and some Pogo.com on the side.
They are comparing the iPhone 3G to portable gaming devices, with suggestions it might be equal or superior in some respects. Just FYI. :)

Hi All,

Fallout 3 has already hit retail shelves this past October 28th.

I myself plan on getting the PC version later on in early November as my gaming budget permits. :)

Has anyone tried a video console version, like that of the Xbox 360?

Please let us know, thanks. ;)

Hi All,

Lo and behold Bethesda Softworks released a Press Release yesterday Nov. 6th.

November 5, 2008 (ROCKVILLE, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, announced that its hit title, Fallout® 3 has enjoyed record sales at launch, reflecting the huge consumer demand for the game. Approximately 4.7 million units of Fallout 3 were shipped worldwide last week for Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from Sony, and Games for Windows, representing retail sales in excess of $300 million.

Also they released a hotfix patch in 6.6mb size which Mircosoft requested. Covering errors for there Games For Windows Live service and some crashes at the end of the game.

What Bethesda Softworks conveniently left out that there are numerous PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 users with frequent crashes. Or worse can not even start the game for the very first time. I fall out in the latter camp after forking over a $49.95 at "Direct2Drive".

So i'm currently peeved, although i hear from all the fantastic game reviews that the game play is sweet. (even a cousin of mine says the same and he's a hardcore console player)

I've even been ranting somewhat at "The Entertainment Consumers Association" on their forum which i'm a paid member currently.

The ECA.

I can't wait in the years to come that "The ECA" starts pushing for real gamer consumer rights. (beyond DRM issues) Since this mess with a lot of users of "Fallout 3" (Bethesda Softworks) falls right into a Lemon Law.

Back