• Welcome to our forum. Feel free to discuss anything related to science fiction; in particular our great science fiction series. But we're open to all sorts of relevant subjects, because we'd like you to hang out and enjoy yourselves.

About Rockoids II: We're proud to announce that "Rockoids II: The Coming of the Protectors" is on sale and has gotten great reviews. Check out our Order page for the details. Both the print and Amazon Kindle versions are now available!

2021 Update: Some of you have asked if there will ever be another Rockoids novel, and the answer is that Grayson and Gene wrote a first draft and are considering its future direction.

Want to Talk About the Paranormal? Please visit the newly updated discussion forums for our popular radio program, The Paracast. Click here to begin.

Hellboy 2

I cant wait for this to be released.:)

I was utterly swept away by the first HellBoy Movie. Guillermo del Toro is an excellant Director.

This is going to be one of those Films that i rush out to see as soon as it's released.

I think it hits UK cinemas next week. :)

Live at the Witch Trials said:
I cant wait for this to be released.:)

I was utterly swept away by the first HellBoy Movie. Guillermo del Toro is an excellant Director.

This is going to be one of those Films that i rush out to see as soon as it's released.

I think it hits UK cinemas next week. :)

It's already out in the states and was a decent if not oversized hit. Obviously The Dark Knight is overshadowing everything.

We have "2" in our Netflix queue for rental.

Live at the Witch Trials said:
I'm off to see The Dark Knight on Friday.

Worth it. Grayson and I loved it. My co-host on The Paracast, David Biedny, had mixed feelings. He loved Health Ledger's performance, but wasn't turned on by the others.

There's also a political argument over the film. Does the Joker represent the terrorists, and Batman the Bush administration?

They fail to release that Batman was invented by the late Bob Kane in 1939 or thereabouts, and the Joker was one of his early opponents, as we all know.

"Hellboy" was perhaps my favorite film. Ever.

"Hellboy 2" was "Pan's Labyrinth" Lite.

Del Toro actually said that during the filming of PL, he was sketching out Hellboy 2, and there were a bunch of monsters they couldn't use from PL, so he put them in Hellboy 2.

The only thing good I have to say about H2 is that Doug Jones did a great job with the voice of Abe Sapien.

And that they brought back John Hurt for the first part of the film.

The rest--Del Toro phoned it in. Which really sucks. It was one of the only things keeping me alive for four years.

Hi Folks,

I saw "Hell Boy 2" in the theater a couple of weeks ago. Myself i was somewhat disappointed giving it a personal 3 out of 5 stars. Somehow it doesn't live up to the same original magic of the first film. The cast is all there and the great fiction is seen throughout but it seems the fizz has gone stale on this version of the franchise. (at least cinema wise)

I saw it a couple of days ago in the Cinema and I must say It didnt disapoint ! Some of the Imagery was spectacular and the monsters looked realy good.

Its no ground breaking movie or story by any stretch of the Imagination but it was well paced.

A good romp ! and another feather for Del Torros Bow. :)

Cant wait for "THE HOBBIT ". :D

Back