• Welcome to our forum. Feel free to discuss anything related to science fiction; in particular our great science fiction series. But we're open to all sorts of relevant subjects, because we'd like you to hang out and enjoy yourselves.

About Rockoids II: We're proud to announce that "Rockoids II: The Coming of the Protectors" is on sale and has gotten great reviews. Check out our Order page for the details. Both the print and Amazon Kindle versions are now available!

2021 Update: Some of you have asked if there will ever be another Rockoids novel, and the answer is that Grayson and Gene wrote a first draft and are considering its future direction.

Want to Talk About the Paranormal? Please visit the newly updated discussion forums for our popular radio program, The Paracast. Click here to begin.

AVP2 ?

cooldude

Starship Cadet
What do you guys think of the whole AVP movies? do you have any suggestions? Whats your impressions? - Do you think that kinda stuff really exists?

cooldude said:
What do you guys think of the whole AVP movies? do you have any suggestions? Whats your impressions? - Do you think that kinda stuff really exists?

You've got a few subjects to talk about there.

Alien Versus Predator is a quick way to make a buck. I liked the original Predator, with the Governator as the star and some of the Alien movies were well done. The combo? It doesn't make a lot of sense, really, but if Hollywood sees a profit potential, they'll green light the project.

As to aliens? Seriously speaking, science now agrees there are large numbers of potential life-bearing planets in our galaxy. What they look like, of course, is another matter entirely. :)

Gene Steinberg said:
cooldude said:

Alien Versus Predator is a quick way to make a buck. I liked the original Predator, with the Governator as the star and some of the Alien movies were well done. The combo? It doesn't make a lot of sense, really, but if Hollywood sees a profit potential, they'll green light the project.

As to aliens? Seriously speaking, science now agrees there are large numbers of potential life-bearing planets in our galaxy. What they look like, of course, is another matter entirely. :)

Yea, but do you think they are out there to kill us?

cooldude said:
Gene Steinberg said:
cooldude said:

Yea, but do you think they are out there to kill us?

If they were, we'd have long since been defeated. I think any aliens that are here now, flying in so-called UFOs, are no doubt not concerned about us one way or the other. I realize there are some UFO believers who look to "space brothers," as saviors, but I don't buy that.

I thought that the first AVP film was ok for what it was but the second one was rubbish.

They should make a proper AVP film that has some depth and a decent story to it instead of rushing out the money making spin-offs the Franchise deserves more.

Live at the Witch Trials said:
I thought that the first AVP film was ok for what it was but the second one was rubbish.

They should make a proper AVP film that has some depth and a decent story to it instead of rushing out the money making spin-offs the Franchise deserves more.

The entire AVP concept is absurd. The individual films ranged from good to decent. Merging the concepts really makes little sense, except to milk the public for ticket sales for more garbage.

I have to say Predator 2 is one of my favourites. They should make a Predator 3 because at the end of Predator 2 Danny Glover is presented with an Old Flintlock Pistol, Im curious to know the story behind the Flintlock. Maybe they could set the film in the 17th century ? That would be interesting. :)

Live at the Witch Trials said:
I have to say Predator 2 is one of my favourites. They should make a Predator 3 because at the end of Predator 2 Danny Glover is presented with an Old Flintlock Pistol, Im curious to know the story behind the Flintlock. Maybe they could set the film in the 17th century ? That would be interesting. :)

I think it's probably too late to revisit the concept in that fashion, but with Hollywood you never know what's going to get a green light next. :)

If they were, we'd have long since been defeated. I think any aliens that are here now, flying in so-called UFOs, are no doubt not concerned about us one way or the other. I realize there are some UFO believers who look to "space brothers," as saviors, but I don't buy that.

We better hope they're mammals. At least then we would have some common ground. To quote Jeff Goldblum from "The Fly"; "I really would like to be the world's first insect diplomat..."

Back