• Welcome to our forum. Feel free to discuss anything related to science fiction; in particular our great science fiction series. But we're open to all sorts of relevant subjects, because we'd like you to hang out and enjoy yourselves.

About Rockoids II: We're proud to announce that "Rockoids II: The Coming of the Protectors" is on sale and has gotten great reviews. Check out our Order page for the details. Both the print and Amazon Kindle versions are now available!

2021 Update: Some of you have asked if there will ever be another Rockoids novel, and the answer is that Grayson and Gene wrote a first draft and are considering its future direction.

Want to Talk About the Paranormal? Please visit the newly updated discussion forums for our popular radio program, The Paracast. Click here to begin.

The Dark Knight: See it Again and Again!

The Dark Knight's Estimated U.S. Box Office Take

• $480 million

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $540 million

• $575 million

• Over $625 million (Take That Titanic!)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Gene Steinberg

Forum Deity
Staff member
Grayson and I saw The Dark Knight on the opening day and, in short, it was fabulous. Great performances all around, especially, as you might expect, by the late Heath Ledger. This is not just the best Batman ever, but an instant classic.

Anyone care to guess how much money it'll take in during its U.S. run?

Too bad Bryan Singer couldn't revamp the superman franchise with similar success. Maybe if he had based the new film on John Byrne's interpretation of the character., DC's 1986 relaunch of the series.

Too bad Bryan Singer couldn't revamp the superman franchise with similar success. Maybe if he had based the new film on John Byrne's interpretation of the character., DC's 1986 relaunch of the series.
He went for continuity with the previous series rather than start from scratch. But he will probably get another chance if the next film is greenlighted.

Yes. Even the animated films are more mature. That is with the exception of that horrid "The Batman" on Kids WB. I don't care how many Emmys it won. Did you know that back before the first Tim Burton Film they were considering a film based more on the campy 60s series, with, (of all actors) Bill Murray as Bruce Wayne. I guess it would have been a Ivan Reitman project. Might have been fun. But it sure would have pissed off a lot of serious fans.

Anyone watch Batwoman on TheCW?

Changing leads in the second season surely must have had an impact.

Not to mention Ruby Rose's attacks on the production staff.

Regardless, the show's plot points were mostly resolved by the end of the season — and that will be it for this series, and a lot of the other super hero entries on the CW. FYI: the network has been sold, and the new owners will cheap out and not offer as much new material.

Well except for a couple of shows, such as Superman and Lois (which I bet will eventually move new episodes to HBO Max, where the first two seasons are available now).

Back